~...Dysmorphophobia...~

Falling Into Insignificant Lies And Living Through Falsities...Everything Is Chaotic And Delectable Distorted Imagery... "They tend to be suspicious, bristly, paranoid-type people with huge egos they push around like some elephantiasis victim with his distended testicles in a wheelbarrow terrified no doubt that some skulking ingrate of a clone student will sneak into his very brain and steal his genius work." ~WSB

woensdag, november 23, 2005

Mirror Of Broken Souls.

A project of which my darling thought of and handed off to me involves a mirror. A big heavy mirror (I probably percieve it as heavy because I and weak and it is probably 45% my weight. Sad, I know). He dropped a cinder block on it and we pieced it back together, and bought some paint. It took me hours to clean the glass, strip the plastic wood (so the metal paint would eventually seep into the wood, given enough layers), paint in between all the cracks and layer the paint to turn darker of the two colors. I think it is looking fairly nice, though it does need 1 or 2 more paint layers. Darling asked if I was going to put any designs along the frame. I thought before of putting some crushed flowers along the frome, but painting something on is a little more durable.
Sad thing is...there is no safe place for it. Leaving it in the livingroom was a bad idea because the cats paw at it (broken glass+not overly reliable glue+curious cats=tiny pieces of glass all over the house...and we cannot allow that). Hopefully we move soon...

While working on the mirror over the weekend, Mein darling came to me and asked where the cats were. After several minutes of searching we found...one. The other on was nowhere else in the house. I placed all the noises I heard together to see if it was possible the missing cat made a great escape out of the house altogether. Someone who was visiting us went to the washroom, I remember hearing them go up the stairs. They left the door open. 2 minutes later the irresponcible (there is more to this remark...like spending all our rent money on the party life...which goes all weekend long and includes pick-up women) landlord walks in, talking loudly on his cellular phone. Oblivious to a black cat sneaking out the door into the dark. After searching the house. My darling and I grabbed flashlights to see if we could distingiush our black cat from the several living in our community. I was out in the front and Something came running towards me from out of the bushes. Thankfully it was my black cat. Very loyal animal, but highly devious.
Sadly enough, I knew damn well that this event would happen sooner or later. No one closes our door when they come to visit us, and our landlord lacks a brain. I wrote a note on the door when I first moved in saying that I would highly appreciate if our door was left closed (there was also a dog living there at the time, but he hung himself last month). Everyone laughed at me and the note was thrown away. It's nice to see people respect me...I am so respected I might as well just dream of bad things to come because so many mindless people will keep them from coming to being.
As stressful as my life is, I am hoping to take a collage course (an evening type collage course) on photography. Seeing as I have ultra low expectations of myself, instead of giving up on my future completely, I am trying to better myself. I actually want to use my collage fund on black and white film developing equipment. Expensive...but course will at least assist in my knowledge of what I am doing instead of having myself waste money on equipment I have limited knowledge in...